Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.devilsworkshop.org

Sorry for inconvenience...

Two Peas and Their Pod: A Few of our Favorite Things

Friday, November 28, 2008

A Few of our Favorite Things



I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving.
One holiday down, one BIG one to go:)

Today is Black Friday...is everyone
hitting the sales? Not us. We keep our shopping simple, we do it online or way in advance. I hate fighting the crowds!

We are sharing some of our favorite things in case you still need gift ideas. These are ideal for anyone who likes to cook/bake...or needs the motivation to like it:)

I included the link to Amazon.com on all of the items, but feel free to shop elsewhere! I hope this list is helpful!! Happy Shopping!

Cookbooks



I love giving and receiving cookbooks. I think they are the perfect gift. A few of my favorites this year are: Field Guide to Cookies by Anita Chu, The Modern Baker by Nick Malgieri, and Giada's Kitchen by Giada De Laurentiis. And of course my ALL time favorite is Baking From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan. Everyone must have this book:)

Silpat

Oh how I love my Silpats! I use them every time I bake cookies...which is a lot!! This baking mat works wonderfully as a baking pan liner or as a working surface because of its silicon and fiberglass non-stick surface which makes it very easy to clean too!!

Lemon Squeezer

This gadget makes juicing lemons and limes SO much easier. You can find them at most kitchen stores, but we buy ours at our local Mexican Market. They are super cheap there. ($5)

Microplane Grater/Zester

This is the perfect gift. We use it for all of our citrus fruits...lemons, limes, oranges, grapefruit, etc. We also use it for parmesan cheese. You can find these almost anywhere and they are not too expensive. (10-$15)

Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender


We love our magic wand! It blends and chops with the push of a button. We use it all of the time when we are making soups. It is so nice to just stick the blender in the pot to puree!

Villaware Panini Press

We love making panini sandwiches. They are so tasty! This panini press makes the best sandwiches!! The cooking surface heats up quickly and the ribbed grill plate imprints beautiful grill marks onto bread, veggies, and meats! You will love this panini press, we use it all of the time!

Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker


We call this the dream machine. We were fortunate enough to receive this as a wedding gift and we love it! You don't have to freeze a container, it makes frozen treats on the spot. You can make homemade ice cream, gelato, sorbet, etc. in no time! This is for someone who has been extra nice this year, it is a little pricey:)

Labels:

38 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I agree with your recommendations, although I'm quite jealous of your ice cream maker!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Rosie said...

WOW Maria I just like all your recommendations and cookbooks *cough* I really have an addiction for *giggle*...

I have never heard of Black Friday before living this side of the pond.

Rosie x

10:56 AM  
Blogger anudivya said...

That is a pretty heavy duty ice cream maker, I have a different kind of the same brand, and it is so so.
Love all the gadgets!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Great recommendations! I'm like you though and try to get my Christmas shopping done early. Even if it's in July, I will pick something up if I think it's the perfect gift for somebody. I also enjoy online shopping. Etsy and Amazon are perfect online stores!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

I love all of those things. I will be adding a few to my Christmas list.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Jersey Girl Cooks said...

I bought a few cookie cutters today and stayed away from shopping but this post is making me want to go back to the stores.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

What a creative post! I love all of your ideas! I think cookbooks are such a great gift! Glad you got some online shopping done ;)

3:51 PM  
Blogger Calamity Cookie said...

I love cookbooks just as much as Jane Austen's books :) I have never seen the book with the absolutely to die for cake on it. Thanks for recommending it, i'll check it out.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I do NOT dare go out side of my house on Black Friday!
I love all of your ideas!!!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

Great recommendations all. I suspect many items are being added to wish lists as we speak.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Manggy said...

Great stuff-- I've wanted a Silpat and a zester for so long! The ice cream maker is just dreamy, isn't it? :)

5:56 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

What a cool post! I am so with you on not fighting the crowds during the holiday season. Especially now that I have the boys in tow with me, usually. Thank goodness for online shopping! Love the recommendations. I was thinking of getting a Silpat. I really should add that to my Christmas list. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I love this list! Thanks for sharing!

7:17 PM  
Blogger CookiePie said...

Fabulous list -- thanks for the great suggestions!

7:37 PM  
Blogger CookiePie said...

Fabulous list -- thanks for the great suggestions!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Cristine said...

What a great list! I do all my shopping online and way early, too!

I really need to get a silpat! I keep saying I will... I am sick of buying parchment paper all the time! :)

4:20 AM  
Blogger The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

I'm obsessive about starting shopping early, so I have a lot done already, most of it online. I used to shop on Black Friday. I never found it to be bad if I got an early start. People tend to go out after lunch. I would go to the mall, shop, eat lunch, and leave while the crowds were pouring in.

I love Amazon wish lists. I am always encouraging my friends to get them. They make shopping so much easier. I happen to have a microplane grater on mine this year.

4:44 AM  
Blogger NKP said...

Yes, I own everything in your pics. Except my panini press is a different company and I just have the 2 freezer bowl version of the Cuisinart ice cream maker.
Good recommendations!
Happy Holidays.

6:30 AM  
Blogger Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A great choice! I want the microplane grater!

Cheers,

Rosa

8:59 AM  
Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I LOVE my Cuisinart Stick blender. So versatile and easy to clean up after making pestos, soup, chopping, etc, etc

9:27 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Great tips! I love the citrus juicer for lemons and limes. I have one and it makes it so much easier. I am planning on trying the ravioli next week and I will definitely let you know how it goes.

1:21 PM  
Blogger sj said...

What a wonderful post full of great gift ideas :) Thanks for sharing!

4:38 PM  
Blogger The Blonde Duck said...

I love paninis! We have a little grill thing but it tends to make flatininis!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Lisa magicsprinkles said...

You and Oprah! I love your favorite things - I have more than a few and the rest are on the hmmmmmmm list!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Yea, eye candy!!! I agree with all your favorites, I hope I get a couple this year, too.:)
-Mandy

6:32 PM  
Blogger Clumbsy Cookie said...

Ok, can I order one of each from you, lol? Great recomendations! I hate shopping in the middle of big crows too ;)

1:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i love everything!!! great finds... :)

4:22 AM  
Blogger Shari said...

Great line-up of ideas! I want that ice cream maker!

8:23 AM  
Blogger The Blonde Duck said...

Can you e-mail me ya'lls address so I can send you a sussy? :) mirkoerner@gmail.com.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Nice! Those are some great gift ideas for my husband.

By the way, we have the same ice cream maker. It is AMAZING. Not sure why it is only available in a few places...we're so happy to have ours.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

OMG. You just gave me an idea for what to get my parents. Seriously! Thank you so much.

Also, I've been wanting a microplane for years...

5:03 PM  
Blogger Jacque said...

Oooh, great list, I approve, LOL. I've never seen or even heard of the Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender. That looks pretty darn cool... and like something I need!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Tyler Root said...

Totally un-related comment to this blog post, but can anyone identify # 5, bottom row, 4th one in from the right?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/root_family/3073741720/sizes/l/

9:48 PM  
Blogger Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I agree, these are some must haves. I love the siplast and I probably could use a few more cookie cutters.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Allie said...

I agree with your list. I just added a panini press to my kitchen I've waited and waited for it to go on sale and finally found one! Can't wait to use it.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Live.Love.Eat said...

I have the immersion blender on my list this year :)

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the list. I need to look into that ice cream maker.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Navita (Gupta) Hakim said...

love ur ice cream gadget Maria, and I myslef am looking for a panini maker.
btw thanks for stopping by...and for the appreciation. :)

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home