Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.devilsworkshop.org

Sorry for inconvenience...

Two Peas and Their Pod: Dark Fudgy Brownies

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dark Fudgy Brownies




I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE a good brownie. They are my favorite dessert, hands down. I know they aren't very fancy or elegant, but I don't care. They are down right delicious!

Over the years I have had my fair share. I am always up for trying a new brownie, but I am picky! I prefer them to be fudgy, chocolaty, moist, gooey, NOT cakey, and NO frosting.

Well, I finally found the absolute perfect brownie, thanks to the lovely Anita of
Dessert First. She recently posted her favorite basic brownie recipe and I nearly attacked the screen. I wanted that brownie with ice cream!! It looked so delicious!

I finally found time to make them this week. The search is over, the perfect brownie has been discovered! Anita you are a genius! You can jazz them up if you want...add in chocolate chips, cocoa nibs, caramel, etc.! I personally like the classic intense fudgy flavor!!

Good thing we gave these to our friend for his birthday, if they were sitting around the house I would of eaten the whole pan! They are that good!



Dark Fudgy Brownie

Adapted from Dessert First

about 16 squares

5 ounces bittersweet chocolate
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons cocoa
1/3 cup flour


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8 inch square baking pan with foil and grease well with butter.

Combine chocolates and butter in a metal and place over a bain-marie (pot of simmering water) on medium heat. Heat until chocolates and butter are melted and combined - be sure to stir occasionally to combine and to make sure the chocolate doesn't burn.

Remove from heat and let cool while you make the rest of the batter.

Whisk eggs and sugar together in a large bowl until thick and light-colored, about 2 to 3 minutes.

Add in the salt, vanilla, and cocoa powder and whisk to combine.

Add in the melted chocolate mixture and whisk to combine thoroughly.

Sift the flour over the mixture and whisk to combine.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan, making sure to spread it evenly into the corners. Smooth the top out with a spatula.

Bake in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, rotating halfway. Brownies are done when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Do not overbake!

Let cool on wire rack before cutting into pieces.

Labels: ,

35 Comments:

Blogger Prudy said...

I'm loving the look of those brownies. That's my favorite dessert too. I can already tell they'll be wonderful with the three kinds of chocolate.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bakes said...

I love a good brownie too! I'll have to give this one a try. Thanks!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Oh, that does look dark and fudgy! My son looves brownies in any shape or form. I will have to give these a go!

7:01 AM  
Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

Fudge brownies are a favorite here. These are motivational!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i love dark and fudgy brownies... i'll definitely try this recipe... thanks for sharing...:)

7:08 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Ooohhh. I love brownies. Love them a whole whole lot. I prefer the edges which is perfect because you could have the middle. Oh and that ooohhh, is more of a moan because the photo made my morning extra happy.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Live.Love.Eat said...

These look fantastic. You'll hate me for this but I'm so glad I am not a brownie lover. I'd have 10 more lbs on me. Thankfully, one can sit on my counter and I'll walk by it 100 times without wanting it. But if I tasted those I would of course eat the whole thing & love it. Chips are just more my weakness and I'll eat a whole bag!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Live.Love.Eat said...

P.S.
I WILL make these though because my husband loves a good brownie.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Cate said...

Those look so perfect!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

My chocolate loving daughter would absolutely go crazy for these. I guess I know what we'll be baking soon.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Maria♥ said...

Oh Maria these are just absolutely delicious! I love brownies too and ice cream is the best thing to have with them.

Maria
x

9:22 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

I don't have too much to say, except that those brownies look like chocolate with awesome on top :)

10:09 AM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Oh my goodness what divine brownies. I must give this recipe a go!!

Rosie x

10:35 AM  
Blogger Apples and Butter said...

My feelings on brownies EXACTLY. Fudgy and dense please! Those look so good, can't wait to try the recipe!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Usha said...

I love brownies too, these look wonderful...will give this a try :)

11:14 AM  
Blogger The Blonde Duck said...

I'm going to have to make those for my husband. I'm having a pie party for my birthday (like I need another excuse to eat pie, right?) and the poor man needs some chocolate. I'll have to save him! Pie girl to the rescue!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Beth (jamandcream) said...

I can feel the weight going on just looking at them. These are a must try!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Amy Beatty said...

You can not go wrong with brownies. I can't wait to try this. I'm excited to because I have always made brownies from a box, I know- how lame.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Veronica said...

I can't decide if I like brownies better hot from the oven or just plain old room temp-but I do know for sure I love them with a tall glass of cold milk-I have the milk, can you send me one of those brownies??

12:57 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Yum, there is nothing better than the perfect, homemade brownie. I'm definitely bookmarking this recipe!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

I love brownies too, makes me not feel so guilty about having a hunk of cake like goodness. These look good I'll have to try them.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Finding the perfect brownie is tricky- those look wonderful, I'm glad you found the right recipe! :)

2:01 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I'm a fudgy brownie lover, so I'll take a plate full!!

2:43 PM  
Blogger NKP said...

I am so happy that you have found the ultimate brownies - my hubby would love them.
Let me know when you find the ultimate lemon squares. ;)

3:23 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I ALWAYS need to give away a few brownies or we eat the entire pan in a few short days. These look great and its never to late to add one more brownie recipe to my collection!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Patsyk said...

I love brownies! I'll mark this one to try sometime as I've been searching for the perfect recipe for awhile now!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

6:17 PM  
Blogger priscilla joy said...

those look so good! i will be trying this, i have been looking for a good brownie recipe too!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Lisa magicsprinkles said...

Don't you just love when you "Find It", whatever it is? Given your rave reviews I now need to see if they are the It Brownies I've been searching for as well. Nice post!

7:15 PM  
Blogger PheMom said...

I'll definitely have to give these a try as a perfect brownie recipe is still on my wish list - several have come close, but not quite. Anyway, thanks for visiting my blog - now since we live so close maybe you'll bring me a brownie? :)

7:27 PM  
Blogger alexandra's kitchen said...

there is nothing like a good brownie. I swear the best desserts are the simplest — brownies, chocolate chip cookies, vanilla ice cream. these sound amazing!

11:15 PM  
Blogger Chibog in Chief said...

this is the most sinful and decadent brownies i have ever seen! yummy

1:03 AM  
Blogger Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Brownies are a comfort food and those look fabulous.

4:28 AM  
Blogger grace said...

i like my brownies the same way--if they're made right, they don't need any silly frosting! great recipe. :)

5:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The search for the perfect brownie can be so endless... I'll have to try this one next. I'm still looking for the elusive perfect vegan brownie as well.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

They do look wonderfully rich and fudgey. I never understood the appeal of cakey brownies. I'll be trying these soon.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home