Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.devilsworkshop.org

Sorry for inconvenience...

Two Peas and Their Pod: Recipe for Lemon Drop Cookies

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Recipe for Lemon Drop Cookies



I had a bunch of lemons I needed to use so I came up with a new cookie recipe. I am calling these lemon drop cookies! Do they still make lemon drop candy??? I haven't had one in years! Anyways, these cookies remind me of lemon drops!! They are similar to my lime coconut snowballs, but obviously there is no lime or coconut...so maybe they aren't that similar:)

I love that these cookies are bite size and full of lemon flavor. I used a lot of zest, fresh lemon juice, and they even got drizzled with a lemon glaze. You can never have too
much lemon if you ask me. The more I pucker up, the better:)

I think these cookies would be perfect for a part
y! They are elegant and bite size...and really easy to make! You can make the dough ahead of time if you wish...and they also tasted great for a couple of days!

If you are a lemon lover
like me, try these cookies. They are LEMONICIOUS!








Lemon Drop Cookies


1/2 c. butter softened
1/4 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
zest of 1-2 lemons, I like a lot of zest!
juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 Tbsp)
1 1/4 c. flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt

For the Glaze:
About a 1/2 c. powdered sugar
Juice of about 1 lemon

Lemon zest-just guess!

Directions:
-In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and whisk to combine, set aside.
-In bowl of stand mixer, combine butter, sugars, lemon zest and beat on high until light and fluffy, you want it really creamy!
-Add the lemon juice and beat until well combined.
-Turn mixer to low and add in the dry ingredients, a little at a time.
- Turn the mixer up to medium to incorporate all of the dry ingredients into the cookie dough. Be patient, it will take a couple of minutes to get everything well mixed.
-Roll the dough into little balls, you want them little so they are bite size and cook evenly.
-Chill the cookie balls for at least 30 minutes. The dough can be made in advance!
-Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment or Silpats.
-Place the cookies on lined baking sheets and place into oven to bake for 10-12 minutes. Don’t overcook!! Take them out when the bottoms are very slightly browned.
-Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheets.
-To make the glaze-mix powdered sugar, lemon juice, and zest with a whisk. Whisk until smooth.
-Using spoon, drizzle the glaze over each cooled cookie and let it run down the sides.

Labels: ,

46 Comments:

Blogger vanillasugarblog said...

I think I could eat that glaze by itself. I love a good lemony glaze.
I've seen lemon drop candies around, not everywhere though.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Netts Nook said...

Can't wait to try they look great love anything lemon.

7:12 AM  
Blogger teresa said...

DROOOOL! Those look SO good, and the picture is just gorgeous!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

these are some sexy cookies!! :)

Bren
flanboyanteats.com

7:21 AM  
Blogger Elyse said...

These cookies look just wonderful! And since they're so tiny, I won't feel so guilty if I scarf a couple of handfuls, right? I also can't wait to try your lime coconut cookies. Tabbing this page NOW!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Flourchild said...

I have to laugh there is this advertisment on how to lose belly fat and then I see these scrumptious lemon cookies! I really need to cut back on my sweets. This month has been horrible with Valentines day and birthdays. Thanks for the recipe for the cookies and for stopping by to see the CAKE! Have a great day and stay warm!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Dawn-I love the glaze too, it really makes these cookies shine:)

Elyse-These cookies are easy to pop in your mouth! Let me know if you try the coconut ones.

Flourchild-Sometimes random ads pop up! Too funny about that one!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

MUM MUM~~~~~

8:00 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I am a huge fan of lemon cookies...looooove them!
these look fantastic.

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look scrumptious! Love the picture with the cookies around a rose!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

I love dessert with lemon - these little drop cookies look amazing, especially with the glaze.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bakes said...

My kids were just talking about the wonderful lemon cookies we had in Key West years ago and asking to make them. I'll have to give this a try!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

oh yum. I'll have to bookmark this for my next tea party!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

They are so pretty! I bet they are delicious!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

I love that picture with the rose in the middle. . those look really yummy!!!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

they are lovely indeed... :)

10:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i could totally go for a cookie now....

10:30 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Barbara- I have never been to Key West but I want to go, especially if good cookies are involved!

ttfn- Come on over for a cookie..ha! I wish the blog world was that easy:)

10:51 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

mm. i love lemon! the glaze sounds so good! great idea!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Donna-FFW said...

Holy Cow. These look beautiful. The glaze looks so good dripping off like that! Lemon treats are a favorite of mine.

11:53 AM  
Blogger The Food Hunter said...

Those cookies look yummy! What a perfect way to use up the rest of my lemons.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Great recipe! Thanks for dropping by to say hi :) I'm a Dorie fan, too.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Petit Elefant said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by Petit Elefant! Come back anytime. By the way, those cookies look divine...

:)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Mmmmhhh, irresistible lemon cookies! They look really pretty and tempting!

Cheers,

Rosa

12:49 PM  
Blogger lisa is cooking said...

I am a fan of lemon, and these look perfect!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Sophie said...

ooh I love lemon drop candy too, pretty much anything lemon flavored. I love citrus in sweets! I'll have a few of these with a cup of tea :).

3:06 PM  
Blogger How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Oh wow! I'd love to have a few of those in my hand right now!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

These sound scrummy, I love anything lemony

5:12 PM  
Blogger Reeni said...

I love the kind of sour lemon with the sweet from the sugar, such a lovely combo!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

These look great! Love a lemony-ness in a cookie.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Jacque said...

Looks like you've got a winner cookie there :)

That cookie needs to be entered into a contest.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Selba said...

Yummm... I think I can eat them all :)

9:31 PM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

Oh how I love lemon! I can't wait to make those! YUM!

5:33 AM  
Blogger Allie said...

Oh my these sound sooo good!

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fab, fabulous TPATP! I love lemon cookies, lemon bars.. wait what am I saying I love cookies!!!!

7:24 AM  
Blogger grace said...

those are so pretty, and i'm sure they're delightfully refreshing. and the glaze. that can go straight down my throat. :)

7:35 AM  
Blogger pigpigscorner said...

I am resisting these till after the wedding...so I am bookmarking it first. They really look lemonicious!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Maria♥ said...

These Lemon Drop Cookies look so good and I'm definitely going to try this recipe.

Maria
x

8:13 AM  
Blogger The Fat Dietitian said...

These look so delicious, and they would be perfect at an afternoon tea... unfortunately, I would probably eat all of them myself!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Manggy said...

Aw, these remind me again of the first cookies I ever made! memories!! :)

12:21 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I love anything lemon. I just made Giada's lemon ricotta cookies -- they were so good, I ate them all.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Kathy_in_Colorado said...

These sound fabulous! We'll definitely try them

thanks for sharing!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

These look scrumptious! :)

4:45 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

These remind me of our Easter cookies that we make. Cant wait for those!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Ingrid_3Bs said...

Puckerlicious! MMM, lemon lover here. Until last month I never tried meyer lemons. They're pretty darn good to but that doesn' mean I'm done with the "regular" ones by any means.

Great photos. The rose in the center was a nice touch!
~ingrid

11:09 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I love lemon, and these look amazing!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home