Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.devilsworkshop.org

Sorry for inconvenience...

Two Peas and Their Pod: Heart Shaped Blondies

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Heart Shaped Blondies



HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!
I hope everyone's day is filled with love and lots of sweet treats:)

I kidnapped Joshua yesterday!! He had no idea I have been planning a surprise! It was so fun being sneaky!! When he got home from work yesterday I had his favorite cookies and a card sitting on the table. In the card, I asked him if he was ready for a weekend adventure, luckily he said yes! I had all of our bags packed and we took off. He didn't know where we were going:)

First, we drove up to Midway, Utah. It is a gorgeous place and someday we hope to build a home there. So we looked around and then had lunch at a tasty Mexican restaurant. Then we drove to the Dewey's cabin, the grand surprise!! It is gorgeous, especially with all of the snow!

Lincoln was my secret spy...he helped me get the cabin and set everything up. Josh was so excited when we got here. We LOVE the cabin. We came here right after we were married. Today is our 8th month anniversary! I am lucky to have such a wonderful and handsome husband!! He brings my life much happiness!

So this weekend we are just relaxing...and of course I brought up tasty food! That is a must!! A big thanks to the Dewey's and Gram for the perfect weekend away!

Have a great weekend everyone! We don't have work on Monday so we are really going to relax!!

I made these heart treats the other night to take to our neighbors. They were really easy! Just make your favorite blondie or cookie bar and cut them into heart shapes. I also threw in Valentine M&M's for color!!



Labels: , ,

34 Comments:

Blogger Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

Happy Valentines!!! These are so cute!!!
my only question is: what do you with the rest of the pie/crust? do you throw them?

5:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ooh, secret planning and blondies--yum :)

6:08 AM  
Blogger NKP said...

So much fun to be in love!
I really like your heart shaped blondies - I guess I will have to whip something up for my sweetie before he comes home from work!

6:48 AM  
Blogger Netts Nook said...

Looks great have a fun weekend our family has a house in Midway love it...

6:57 AM  
Blogger Maria♥ said...

Happy Valentine's Day!! These heart shaped blondies are perfect!

Maria
x

6:57 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

SOOO cute! You are an amazing wife! Have fun!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Balance Joy and Delicias- My husband ate the scraps, don't worry they don't go to waste:)

ttfn300- It was fun planning a surprise!!

Natashya- I hope you have a great V-day with your sweetie!

Netts Nook- We love coming up the cabin. Utah is so gorgeous!

Maria- Thanks! Happy V-day to you too!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Your treats look great - Happy Valentine's Day!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Dewi said...

How adorable, very lovely heart shapes. And I can fell there is so much love in the air.
Cheers,
Elra

7:46 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

beautiful! happy valentines day!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend at the cabin! Surprises are the best!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Reeni said...

Enjoy your long weekend!! Happy Valentine's Day!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Happy Valentines Day! And the best part of making those is eating the scraps:)

12:48 PM  
Blogger LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

Blondies!! You know that I love them :-)

12:56 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

What a nice surprise for Josh! The bars look YUMMY!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Your heart cookies are beautiful and I bet they're tasty, too. Happy Valentine's Day to you both.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Proud Italian Cook said...

Happy 8th month anniversary Maria and Josh! You guys are so cute!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Manggy said...

Aw, how sweet! Happy Valentine's Day Maria and Josh!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

How fun to have a getaway, take as many as you can before kids come along!!! Happy Anniversary and Happy V-day.
I need a smaller heart shaped cutter, the only one I have is pretty huge.
Love Heber/Midway. Our bishop from here in Kansas just moved there. The little stink--now my husband is bishop! Sigh!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

How fun!! Glad you had a wonderful Vday!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I hope you had a great Valentine's Day! What cute little hearts!

Cheers,

Rosa

2:22 AM  
Blogger The Blonde Duck said...

I love the little hearts! And how cute you planned a little getaway!

4:53 AM  
Blogger test it comm said...

What a nice getaway! Have a great time!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Happy Anniversary, happy Valentines Day, happy life together:D

6:22 AM  
Blogger pigpigscorner said...

What a great way to celebrate valentine's weekend! The little hearts are so sweet =)

7:54 AM  
Blogger grace said...

how sweet of you!
the very best part of your heart-shaped goodies would be gnawing on the scraps later on. :)

9:26 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Happy V-day. Sounds the secret planing was a great success!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

How fun! That sounds like a great surprise and the blondie hearts are adorable!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Veron said...

so delicious and sweet!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Hey- happy V day. I have a couple of awards for you over at my blog if you can stop by to pick them up! You are the best.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

how romantic!!! i'm glad you two found each other... :)

7:46 PM  
Blogger The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

What a wonderful Valentine's Day celebration. Happy 8 months to you both.

So who got to eat the leftover cookie bits after the hearts were cut out? ;-)

11:55 PM  
Blogger Donna-FFW said...

Great minds must think alike, I did the same thing as you with the heart cutter, although I dont think mine looked as pretty.

3:53 AM  
Blogger Ingrid_3Bs said...

Aw, sounds like you had a grand time.

Your blondies look great! I can see why their his fave.
~ingrid

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home