Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.devilsworkshop.org

Sorry for inconvenience...

Two Peas and Their Pod: Terra Mia Restaurant Review

Friday, May 29, 2009

Terra Mia Restaurant Review


We made it to Palm Beach! Our resort is really nice and we are having a great time already. We don't have big plans for today, but that is what vacation is all about, right?

I love Italian food, that is no secret. When I heard a new Italian restaurant was opening in Orem Utah, I told Joshua we had to drive down and try it.

Terra Mia's food is fresh, fast, authentic Italian, at reasonable prices. I really liked the ambiance, lots of light and there is a huge tree in the middle of the restaurant. Yes, it is real:)



Ter
ra Mia serves salads, pasta, and pizza. We sampled several menu items and they were all fantastic. I was actually surprised at how good everything was for "fast" Italian food. Terra Mia uses quality ingredients and focuses on the presentation of the food. The staff was very helpful and our food was delivered to our table in minutes.

The Caprese salad was one of our favorites. Toasted baguette with Roma tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, and olive oil. A great starter to any Italian meal. The mozzarella was superb, the perfect saltiness. I can't believe they only charge $7.50.



Josh loved the Penne Terra Mia pasta, one of th
eir signature dishes. Penne pasta is served with marinara sauce, Italian sausage, eggplant, mozzarella, egg slices, and parmesan cheese. Josh raved about how good the sauce was. The pasta was also cooked to perfection.



Now onto the
pizza. I've been to Italy and fell in love with the pizza. Terra Mia's pizza is very authentic, it brought me back to my time in Italy. Again, they use the freshest ingredients which really makes a difference. They even had their pizza oven shipped in from Italy. They are serious about their pizza!

I had the Margherita pizza-marinara sauce, mozzarella, parmesan, olive oil, and fresh basil. It was excellent. They have mastered the perfect crust. The menu has a long list of pizzas to choose from or you can create your own. I highly recommend the Margherita, it is a classic.



I could of left the restaurant full and content, but Terra Mia serves gelato, one of my favorite desserts, so of course I had to try it out. Every day th
ey have 12 differnet flavors of fresh gelato. I had a hard time choosing because every flavor looked amazing. I ended up ordering the hazelnut and coconut. Both were smooth and creamy. Josh tried the lemon gelato and it was very refreshing, I snuck a bite:)



Terra Mia's gelato is the BEST!! I have sampled a lot of gelato in Italy and in the states, we even had a gelato bar at ou
r wedding, but Terra Mia's gelato wins hands down! It tastes just like the gelato in Italy. I can't wait to go back and try more flavors!

If you are in Utah and loo
king for a new place to try, go to Terra Mia in Orem. You won't be disappointed. The location is great, right by the movie theater and University Mall. The service is great, the atmosphere is fun, and most importantly the food is top notch. To view their complete menu, visit their website.

Today is Terra Mia's Grand Opening, stop in and receive 10% off of everything on the menu. What are you waiting for? Ther
e is fresh, fast, authentic Italian waiting for you!

Terra Mia Ristorante
1050 S 750 E

Orem, Utah
www.terramiaonline.com








Labels:

37 Comments:

Blogger Risa said...

Wow! I desperately want some Italian food right now. I also love that you had a gelato bar at your wedding.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

That pizza looks incredible!!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Rosemary T said...

Can't wait to try it. I am always looking for new restaurants- especially in my neighborhood! Thanks for the great review

6:37 AM  
Blogger vanillasugarblog said...

why are you bloggin while you're on vaca? crazy woman. now go grab a pina colada and lounge! LOL

6:46 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Wow- this place looks awesome! I love Caprese salad and all on the ingredients in theirs look nice and fresh. Can you believe I have never had gelato?

Glad you're enjoying vaca!

6:50 AM  
Blogger stephchows said...

Pizza and gelato, in a beautiful open space... count me in! Hey just a heads up I have a fabulous giveaway today don't forget to enter!

7:23 AM  
Blogger mattbeatty said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I would of never known about the new restaurant just down the road from me. I will have to make my way over there. mmmm Amy

8:13 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

yummmmmmm.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Gaby said...

gelato is my fav... pizza is my fav.... caprese is also my fav... so I think I'll have to fly to Utah to try this place!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Aggie said...

oh oh oh...that gelato is calling my name! and so is that pizza, pasta and bread with tomatoes!! killing me!! I love food like this. Hope you have a wonderful time in PB! You are a lot closer to me now! ;)

10:11 AM  
Blogger Elyse said...

Um, this place looks amazing! That gelato is totally getting to me. Whenever you make that trip to the Bay Area, you've got to come to Berkeley--we've got about 5 gelatorias (sp?) in a row! Delish!

10:35 AM  
Blogger josué said...

Thanks for the scoop on this place, I'm always on the look out for good, local restaurants in the Orem area and this one looks like it could be a new favorite...despite the apparent dirth of unique places, amazingly enough this place will have tough Orem competition in the pizza department courtesy of Pizzeria 712 (http://www.pizzeria712.com/). Have you guys tried that place? If not, you should.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Kerstin said...

Great pictures! That pizza and gelato look fantastic! Picking restaurants to visit is my favorite part of traveling :)

12:14 PM  
Blogger Snooky doodle said...

I love Italian food. Good that Maltese cuisine is very similar to Italian cuisine :)

12:59 PM  
Blogger Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Everything looks soooo good. I am a fied for Italian food!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I need to eat out more often - I haven't heard of this restaurant yet!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Josh, I have had pizza from 712 and it is good, but not authentic Italian pizza. Terra Mia pizza brought me back to the days in Naples and traveling Italy. Terra Mia food is fresh and real authentic Italian...did I mention is very inexpensive? I was amazed!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

What a yummy restaurant - everything you ordered looks and sounds delicious.

Hope you have a fun trip!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Selba said...

Wow... yummy pizzas! and also yummy gelato!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Josh-We have been to Pizzeria 712. It is a great place. Love their panini and pizzas! We love Terra Mia too! Two great places to dine:)

7:45 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Glad to see you're treating yourself, and in WEST PALM! Awesome. Grab some more gelato, and enjoy the sights :)

4:37 AM  
Blogger Culinary Wannabe said...

I love Italian food - I could really eat it every night. Hope you guys are having beautiful weather and a wonderful time!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Lori Lynn said...

Your photos do a great job of selling this restaurant. If I'm ever in the neighborhood...
LL

12:59 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Looks great - Have a great holiday!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Looks great - Have a great holiday!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Bunny said...

I had breakfast but your making me hungry all over again! The food at this restaurant looks fantastic! Have a wonderful vacation!!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Shari said...

This pizza looks absolutely amazing!! Fresh ingredients and all! Lovely!!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Mike Chandler said...

Maria,
Having eaten there three times in the past week, I must join in singing the praises of Terra Mia. For those of us looking for real, exquisite Italian food, TM has hit the spot. Quite frankly, it's the simple things that are so wonderful. Ciao, Mike

2:18 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Mike-I am glad you enjoy Terra Mia. It is a great place to dine. I know I will be going back often!

4:06 PM  
Blogger PheMom said...

That does look delicious! I LOVE the inside of the restaurant - I want to sit near the tree!

I hope you two are having a fantastic vacation!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Wow that almost made me salivate! It all looks absolutely delicious!

5:46 PM  
Blogger ♥Rosie♥ said...

What a gorgeous pizza well all the food looks amazing! Enjoy your vacation!

5:40 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

What a great meal you had! Thanks for the review and pictures. Makes me want to eat pasta for breakfast!

6:07 AM  
Blogger The Fat Dietitian said...

The hubs and I got a grill a few months back and have been enjoying grilled deliciousness... I think I am going to send him over to this post and persuade him to make me some grilled pizza!

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Restaurant looks divine, it just begs to be DELISH, this post has me salivating. Sorry I missed a few of your posts = )

5:54 AM  
Blogger mhambster said...

You say "quality ingredients" and "freshest ingredients", which is better than sub-standard, stale ingredients, but it doesn't tell us very much. Most decent restaurants can say the same.
Do you know where the ingredients are from? Do they import the flour and tomatoes from Italy? The flour makes a huge difference in the crust.
I have been pretty disappointed by Pizzaria 712. It was too expensive, and the pizza was unremarkable. There's a place in Salt Lake City, though, called Setebello that makes really, truly authentic Italian pizza. It tastes just like it did in Italy, and it's amazing. Their oven was brought here from Napoli, just like Terrra Mia. Almost all of their ingredients, though, are imported from Italy, in particular their tomatoes and flour. The other ingredients are either imported from Italy or artisan made here locally. It's really amazing.
I sincerely hope that there is now a place in Utah county that has the real thing. I love Settebello, but it's a long trip to SLC from Orem for just a pizza. It would be nice if Utah county managed to host a great Italian restaurant with great food, and great prices. Pizzeria 712 doesn't pull it off. It's not bad, it just doesn't hit the mark, especially for the price.
I can't wait to try Terra Mia. It has all the right signs, and it would be great if it were the real thing.
I'll find out this weekend!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Alison Moore Smith said...

We are holding my dad's 80th birthday party at Terra Mia on Monday.

We went in to check it out last month and the owner, Ernesto Lo Russo, was just fabulous. He brought my sister and me a whole table full of food to sample. Embarrassing to have that much food just for the two of us, but yummo!

We're looking forward to a great evening. I'm so glad you're getting the word out about this great place. I'll be blogging it out, too, on my home blog after the date. Great businesses deserve great word-of-mouth. (No pun intended.) :)

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home