Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.devilsworkshop.org

Sorry for inconvenience...

Two Peas and Their Pod: Turkey Panini

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Turkey Panini



Looking for a quick and easy meal idea? Try a panini! They are perfect for lunch or dinner. We love making them because they are fast, healthy, and we can "build our own."


Josh always puts turkey on his, but I stick to all veggies. We just use what we have on hand, but some of my favorites are: zucchini, eggplant, yellow squash, mushrooms, roasted peppers, onions, tomatoes, and artichokes. I LOVE loading on the veggies. The sandwich smashes down so it is good to start with a mile high panini!


We use whole wheat ciabatta rolls from a local bakery. I always brush the bread with balsamic vinegar and sometimes I add pesto or a spicy mustard. We also add cheese, Josh likes a lot, I like a little mozzarella.


If you don't have a panini maker, no worries. You can use a pan and smash the panini down with another pan. I highly recommend buying a panini maker though, we LOVE ours. We have the Villaware model.


Serve your paninis with a salad, fruit, or side of veggies and you are set!! Get creative and use whatever sandwich fillings your heart desires! The recipe below is pretty vague, I am sure you can figure out how to put together a panini:) Use your favorites and enjoy!


Have a great weekend everyone!








Panini Sandwiches


Whole wheat ciabatta bread (or bread of your choice, thick/hearty bread works best)

Meat (Josh uses turkey, use whatever you like)

Veggies (Add on lots!)

Balsamic Vinegar

Pesto, Spicy mustard, or any other condiment you wish

Cheese of your choice

Salt and Pepper


1. Heat up the panini maker or pan.

2. Cut the bread and brush each side with balsamic vinegar.

3. If using veggies, brush them with vinegar and grill them on the panini maker or pan. I like to do this to bring out the flavor in the veggies before they go on the sandwich.

4. Add meat, veggies, and cheese, condiments, salt, and pepper or whatever toppings you are working with to your bread.

5. Place the panini on the maker and smash...or smash with another pan.

6. Cook for about five minutes.

7. Cut and enjoy!

Labels: , ,

46 Comments:

Blogger Netts Nook said...

Maria You Panini looks so good I love the bread can't wait to try. Thanks for visiting my blog.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those sound like a great idea for a quick lunch. I like how you can mix it up to suit your taste.

6:50 AM  
Blogger The Purple Carrot said...

Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing : )

6:59 AM  
Blogger LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Mmm, fabulous pressed sandwiches!!

Enjoy your weekend!!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

yum :) i love a good pannini, too!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Risa said...

Now those look like great lunches!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Sophie said...

If there's one thing I truly miss after going on a gluten free diet, it's a yummy sandwich like this. I don't know that gluten free bread could make this yummy of a panini!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I'll soon have to try making panini sandwiches with homemade bread... Yours look fantastic!

Cheers,

Rosa

9:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

your sandwiches are making me crave for one right now... and it's already 230am!!! lol... :)

10:23 AM  
Blogger Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

panini with roasted veggies, my favorite sandwich ever!!! :D

10:27 AM  
Blogger Mila said...

oooh I love paninis!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Culinary Wannabe said...

Why is it that everything tastes so much better when it is smashed, warm and gooey? :)

11:07 AM  
Blogger Lori Lynn said...

Panini are fun, aren't they?
Love all the veggies.
LL

12:13 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Do not let my husband know that you do not need a panini press to make these. I am vying for one.

12:17 PM  
Blogger vanillasugarblog said...

Do you know that I love, just love peanut butter and banana panini's! Of course these ones you just made look so good, but it makes me crave a pb & b one soooo badly.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Reeni said...

They look so good!! You can use a George Foreman grill too!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Elyse said...

I think you just used all of my favorite veggies in ONE sandwich. How perfectly delicious--and healthy! Yum, I'm totally craving one of these for lunch now!

1:04 PM  
Blogger test it comm said...

Now that's a panini!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Susan @ SGCC said...

We are huge panini fans here. So easy and versatile! I use my Griddler to make them. Yours look out of this world!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I love paninis, these look delicious!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

I'm with you on the all veg and mozza :) Have a great weekend, both!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I soooo need a panini maker!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

The panini sandwich looks DELICIOUS! I am drooling over here!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

They look yummy! I like the idea of brushing the bread with balsamic - double yum!

11:32 PM  
Blogger CookingCourtney said...

i make panini''s all the time, so good.

5:43 AM  
Blogger grace said...

i'm not sure what makes paninis so much more enjoyable than a regular sandwich, but i think it's the crunchy bread. i like the squashed look of them too. :)

6:16 AM  
Blogger Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Your panini looks like one I would make! I love them with veggies piled high and I love to use the panini maker for the same reason as you do -- it's so easy to personalize so everyone gets what they like :) Thanks for the tip about brushing the bread with balsamic vinegar, that sounds delicious!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Bunny said...

I need to try making paninis, they look fantastic and i think my family would like them.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Foodie with Little Thyme! said...

Now these look yummy. I love all the veggies.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Clumbsy Cookie said...

I'm totally with you on this one! So versatile and it's fun how everybody can make a different one! I have to try the balsamic thing, I'm usually a olive oil girl!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Donna-FFW said...

Your panini looks fabulous. I love the combination you chose. I have a panini maker still in the box. I have to go dig it out.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Memória said...

The word "panini" is already in the plural form, so the correct term for one pressed sandwich would be "panino" (the word "sandwich" is unnecessary and redundant).

Despite all of that, the sandwich look scrumptious!!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Cookie baker Lynn said...

Can't go wrong with a panini!

12:41 PM  
Blogger sugarlens said...

Those are good looking panini sandwiches!

I definitely prefer warm sandwiches over cold ones.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I would love to have a Krips panini maker. I love the company but I also love panini's:D

2:32 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

YUM! I plan on using my panini press that I got for Christmas to make quesadillas and egg sammys this week! I can't wait! Hope you two had a good weekend. I still am trying to find time to email you! We have had another busy weekend! Hopefully tomorrow :) Sorry I'm so slow!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Deeba PAB said...

Just wonderful Maria. I made paninis last week, but made them from scratch. Yes, smashed them down with a heavy pan over my grill pan kie you write, & they were YUM!!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I really love panini sandwiches and yours look mouth watering!!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Brilynn said...

I keep seeing paninis lately and it reminds me that I don't use mine nearly enough. Those look great!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Cynthia's Blog said...

Panini....the only kitchen appliance I don't own. Sigh..

11:03 PM  
Blogger NKP said...

I love paninis! We grill up lots of extra veggies in the summer for pizzas and paninis, and pastas... pretty much every wonderful thing that starts with P!

5:48 AM  
Blogger Maria♥ said...

Wow those Panini's look so good!! Your food always has me drooling ;o)

Maria
x

7:38 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Your panini sandwich looks great! I don't have a panini maker, but was wondering would the little George Foreman grill work to make these? I know we have one of those tucked away somewhere in the cupboard!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Love paninis. I'm making some for dinner tonight!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I got a panini maker for Christmas and I've been loving it!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

These look fabulous. Looks like I might have to invest in a panini maker. :-)

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home