Recipe for Andes Mint Brownies
During the holidays I bought a bag of Andes Mint Chips, but never got around to using them. I had too many other things to bake! I found them in my stash the other day and decided to whip up a quick treat for my niece and nephew.
I made a classic brownie recipe and added some mint chips to the batter. The chips melted away so you couldn't even tell mint was involved until you took a bite. The mint burst was pretty powerful with the chocolate, but I loved it!
I cut the brownies into tiny squares and dusted them with powdered sugar. You can make these in your sleep! This is a great recipe to have on hand!
As you can see Aubrey loved them! We had a great time playing with the kiddies. They know they will always get a sweet treat when they see Aunt Ria and Uncle Josh!
Andes Mint Brownies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-3/4 cup Andes mint chips
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
2. Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in mint chips. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.