Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.devilsworkshop.org

Sorry for inconvenience...

Two Peas and Their Pod: Cinnadoodles

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cinnadoodles



Josh loves snickerdoodles, so I decided to make them for him, but I kicked them up a notch. I added in some cinnamon chips to a basic recipe. The chips, in my opinion, raised these cookies to a whole new level. Don't get me wrong, I like snickerdoodles, but with the added bursts of cinnamon, HALLELUJAH! These cookies are even more delightful. Make sure you under bake them a bit, they will set up. You want the edges to be crispy and the centers soft. I think I will make these for the holidays...they are CINNADOODLY GOOD!





My dad and stepmom are coming to visit from Illinois. They are arriving this afternoon! I am super excited. My dad is an amazing baker/cook so I am sure we will be having some fun in the kitchen. They will be in Utah for a whole week. Yahoo!! Well, keep having a great weekend everyone!


Cinnadoodles

Adapted from Martha Stewart's Cookies

2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
About a half a bag of cinnamon chips

3 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon-more if you love it!

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Put butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in eggs. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture. Add in cinnamon chips.

2. Stir together cinnamon and remaining 3 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl. Shape dough into round balls; roll in cinnamon sugar. Space 3 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.

3. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are golden, 12 to 14 minutes. Don't overbake. Let cool on cookie sheet for a minute or two, then transfer to a cooling rack.

Labels: ,

42 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hooray for cinn chips! these look freakin fantastic! :)

6:25 AM  
Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

Maria, you have another winner here. They look really good.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Cate said...

That is such a great idea! I've never used cinnamon chips before.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Natalie Que said...

I've GOT to try these buzzed about chips!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

I am so glad you posted this. I was just recently thinking of making Snickerdoddles and since I have never made them before I was going to start searching for a recipe on-line.
No need for that now! Thanks for kicking them up with more cinnamon, I love it...

7:07 AM  
Blogger NKP said...

They do look like a great cookie to get you into the holiday spirit!

7:28 AM  
Blogger LizNoVeggieGirl said...

PERRRRFECT cookies!!! Love those chips :0)

7:40 AM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Super yummy! I've never used cinnamon chips - but will need to start. What a great flavor combo!!! Have fun with your family!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Oh these sound sooo good! Great idea adding the cinnamon chips!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

another must try for me... :)

11:01 AM  
Blogger priscilla joy said...

the cookies look really good. i need to find the cinnamon chips somewhere - they sound great!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Jersey Girl Cooks said...

My hubby loves these. Unfortunately I cannot find cinnamon chips in a store here.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I hope you have a nice visit with your Dad. I do like MS recipe for Snickerdoodles, and you have really put them over the top with the Cinnamon chips. I need to go out and search for some of those suckers!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bakes said...

I agree snickerdoodles are just okay cookies, but I imagine adding the cinnamon chips would put them ove the top!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Suburban Monkey said...

i love cinna chips!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Aw! have so much fun with your daddy! I can't find these cin chips booo!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Being a little bit of a cinnamon addict, I fully appreciate the addition of cinnamon chips. Yum!!

10:08 PM  
Blogger eatme_delicious said...

Haha cinnadoodly good! =) I JUST made a batch of these (without the cinnamon chips mind you) yesterday for a friend's birthday. I always like trying new recipes so there aren't a lot of things I've made more than once or twice but this is one of them! I've never seen cinnamon chips anywhere though. =(

11:17 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

ooooo thank you ! I am saving this recipe to try, yum!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

MMM! I bet these are really good! I'll definitely have to try these. Thanks for sharing!

8:47 AM  
Blogger grace said...

clearly, i don't need to tell you how much i adore these. cinnamon chips are one of the best inventions of all time (although not particularly tasty on their own...), and what could be better than adding them to a batter containing even more cinnamon? :)

12:42 PM  
Blogger Veron said...

oooh...sounds delicious. Never tried cinn chips before!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Culinary Wannabe said...

Love snickerdoodles - what a great way to kick them up!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

grrrr.I cant find cinnamon chips anywhere..I mean come on, its not like I live in the sticks or anything?!!!
Love your cookies!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

who wouldn't want something that's "cinnadoodly good"?!? where did you find the cinnamon chips? i have been looking for them... these cookies look great! you can send me a batch anytime :)

5:29 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

A cinnamon lover's dream!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

A cinnamon lover's dream!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Prudy said...

Have a great time with your visitors. The cookies look scrumptious.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

I have looked through this cookbook tons of times and never seen these. They look great, super cinnamony!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

I love snickerdoodles and these look amazing. I am still trying to find cinnamon chips.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

These look cute, Maria!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Maria,

I just wanted to let you know that I mentioned your Cinnadoodle cookies in my post today. I think the cinnamon chips sound great, but I didn't have any on hand at home so I'll have to try them another time!

12:18 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

WalMart didn't have hem, neither did the big grocery store, low and behold I found cinnamon chips at the local in town store. I really didn't think they would have them. I hope to make these in the next couple of days :)

4:54 AM  
Blogger The Caked Crusader said...

I'm rather partial to a snickerdoodle. We don't get cinnamon chips in the UK...which might be just as well as I can see myself pouring a bagful of them straight into my mouth!!!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Usha said...

These look really fantastic...

12:33 PM  
Blogger Live.Love.Eat said...

Awesome. I have never bought cinnamon chips. Are they in the regular baking aisle?

12:52 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

What a tasty looking cookie can't wait to try it with the rest of my cinn chips!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Yum! I stockpile cinnamon chips whenever I see them! These look delish.

4:49 AM  
Blogger Rosie said...

These cookies sound SO good Maria!!

Rosie x

8:27 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I made these today and they are delicious! Waiting for the kids to get home from school and try them out :) I will add them to my blog and link to you when I do :)

11:47 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I made these, ate them, cried when they were gone LOL Yum! I blogged about them and posted your link, thank you! http://amandascookin.blogspot.com/2008/11/cinnadoodles-snickerdoodles-with-twist.html

1:52 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

These look REALLY good!

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home